Friday, May 25, 2007

Honeycombs

Two weeks ago, I was minding my own business, driving home from work when the DJ on the radio suddenly mentioned Honeycomb cereal. I suddenly had a craving I couldn't get rid of. I drove straight to the store and purchased a large box. That was on a Monday. By Friday, they were gone. All me.

I knew I couldn't get through the weekend without them so Joey and I went to Kroger last Friday and I purchased another big box. I took my first bite and....yuck. They were gross...stale. Sunday, we returned them to the store and I tool a chance on another box. We had a winner.

The side-story to this is that my step-dad does the grocery shopping. He always buys whatever my mom and I desire. So, I mentioned my new Honeycomb addiction. Dean went to the store Wednesday and bought some. This morning, he decided he would have a bowl. My mom approached him as he exclaimed, "well...would you look at this! They sold me a box of cereal that's already been opened...AND it look at the sticker on it!" My mom read the sticker: Customer Return...Not for Resale...Scan out as Known Loss." They both stood there for a moment when my mom suddenly started laughing. "Where did you buy these from, Dean?" "Kroger."

Yes, this is the box of Honeycombs that wouldn't go away. It is the exact same box I returned to Kroger on Sunday and here they are, back at home. But they will be going back to Kroger again and I'm going to watch the employee throw them out. It's crazy. I mean, I realize Holt is a small town but is it really that small?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES holt IS that small.

email me your email...
randikayanthony@yahoo.com
i'll send you the info of the baptism =)

Thank you for the words of encouragement. And the welcoming to the family, it's been awesome so far! We need to run into each other more often than just on accident!

Shiloh's Image said...

Random....I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!