Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Unsinkables


They walked down the aisle to some movie soundtrack.

They walked back down the aisle to another movie soundtrack.
They had us sing two hymns during the wedding and I loved both.

The wedding party came out to the reception to the A-Team theme song.

The groom dedicated a Wilco song to his wife.

They cut the cake with a sword.

They had buffet "stations": Italian, Chinese, American and a mashed potato bar.

You've got to be kidding me.

Meg's wedding was simply fantastic and awesome. I am so honored she asked me to be a witness to her vows. I pray the Unsinkables will be unsinkable. I'll miss our Meg because we are losing her to Cincinnati...but we are gaining a David. Thank you, Meg for a lovely wedding.

The other parts of the weekend were interesting, too.
We left a little late for Ohio. An unplanned stop to Woody's Oasis and Wendy's held us up. The trip down there was full of interesting discussions between Joey, Yi, Peter and I. Jenny, Dana and Amanda were in the car in front of us. We each paid $35 total for a two night stay at a really nice hotel. We went to breakfast at a restaurant called Riverview. Yeah, that's right.





Riverview restaurant.

After we ate, we decided to sight see. Except, I forgot to pack a strapless bra...so, we spent the afternoon at the mall. Yeah, totally American. But we had fun and look at the yummy treat which greeted us:
The wedding and reception were in an old, beautiful church.






I love this picture.

Such a fantastic time.



On the way home, we got to see the scary Jesus in the daylight, drove through lake waters trying to get back home, and stopped at Peter's favorite restaurant: Schlotzsky's. Here is a picture of pure happiness:





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, Schlotzsky's...YUM. We don't have a Schlotzsky's near me. I don't even know if they exist in Florida.

Good favorite, Peter!

~kp