Where o' where do I begin?
Oil change--10:30 a.m. at the Saturn Dealership in Grand Ledge. Why GL? Because when I call any other Saturn, they can't seem to fit me into their service schedule. But....when I call Luke at the GL Saturn, he says, "sure, Holly. We can get you in any time." So, I go there, see Luke walking toward me, smile at him, "Hi, Luke. I have an appointment." Luke writes my mileage down and then says, "Miss Beavers, let me look in our computer to see if you're due for any other service." Did you notice that? He knew my name before he really looked at any paperwork. Saturn has such a personalized touch. I sat in the warm, comfy lobby and talked about God with my sales rep. He shared some things I'll never forget. One of them was this: no matter how emotional, angry, lonely, upset or even happy and excited I feel, Jesus still died on the cross for me. When I feel like a total screw-up or a loser, He still died for me...for us." Car's done and flower is on the dash board. Off to get Yi.
There was a dead kitty in the road. It had a pink coller.
Yi and I went to my dad's for the football tickets. She got to meet all five of the cats. We hung out in the backyard for a few minutes and then began our walk to the tailgates...but not before a blueberry crepe! Oh, and an iced chai latte. I wish Ooh la la were next to my work or home because I would buy the iced chai latte every day. Yi and I resumed our walk and our talk of spiritual matters along with various stories from our past.
Got to my cousin's friend's tailgate. Cory was in great spirits. We had some beer and then hot dogs. I got to talk to Keen, who I used to know. He makes me laugh a lot. He recalled the first time we met. Hey, Kell. Remember? My first L-burg party. Keen also remembered the time he, Jimmy, and Cory came up to Central when I was a freshman. They pretty much kidnapped me and then we drove to Lansing in Jimmy's mom's convertible...with the top down...in March. Jimmy was there, too. He looked at me funny and said, "hey, remember your friend, Holly?" I looked at him funny. "Holly? I am Holly." "No, your friend, Holly." "I don't have a friend named Holly. You mean Kelly." Jimmy looked at me funny. "Oh, yeah. That's what I meant. Kelly. Anyhow, I saw her brother the other day. He's big." Sorry. Had to share that little story with you, Kell.
Yi and I made our way to the Red Cedar in time for the band to come through. Then, we sat in the grass, I finished my beer, we both ate Menthos. Entered the stadium...really cool with the new part. Our seats were in the shade and the pre-game show is better than ever. I can't even explain why. I've been going to these games since I was four and this was the first time I felt so revved up for a game. The band, the student section, the music, Sparty...just fabulous. Sat by Druman and Cindy. He offered us some peanuts. "HOT!" The first two quarters were exciting but by half time, we were looking at each other. Hmmm....do we try to make it to the first ever 6ish time at Riv? It was 5:00. I didn't think it was possible.
We started power walking and I made a phone call to my pops asking him to pick us up at the McDonald's. We had to wait a couple minutes but he got there. Dropped him off and were sent off with fresh baked brownies from my step-mom. We made it to Riv by 10 to 6. Whoa.
Now, I'm sitting in my mom's basement, listening to Dean complain about commercials. I'm so tired. Soooo tired. Did I spell that right? I. Don't. Know. Please forgive the other errors. I'm nervous now that Meg reads! Even more pressure because I have a minor in English. Not that you could tell....
3 comments:
Holl, I believe in your spelling skills and ability to communicate with grace and good form.
Have no nerves with me--Ill jist call it a tpyo and lte it eb.
:)
Remember: "Want some sunsreen, Yi"
"No, I don't burn, EVER"
Yeah, right, I am like a red lobster right now, and I will be paying tomorrow... sigh
It was a good day, thank you for sharing it with me :)
He must have gotten the "Holly" part confused with Holly Brown.
Post a Comment