I had to write this about my grandmother. One year ago today, at approximately 10:30ish a.m., she slipped away from earth. I miss her terribly and sometimes I still get a little angry when I think of her dying. It was peaceful but she fought it. She wanted to live until she was 100 so she could get a letter from the president. Everything was going fine until her heart was broken. Don, her boyfriend, was suddenly and without any warning, transferred to another retirement facility. His family didn't tell him or my grandma. They just up and moved him while he was eating lunch. My grandma went to his room to get him for bingo and he was gone. She was shattered and her health quickly deteriorated. So, yeah, I get a little angry sometimes because I saw her lose the will to live.
She was so awesome. She really was. I miss her and wish I could post a picture of her but don't have the capability to from work. You can see previous photos, though:
Arlene
Arlene and her grand-daughter
Memorial
See you soon, sweet lady...
1 comment:
I miss her too.
Post a Comment