My friend Ryan, a real wild and crazy guy, was laid off in the spring. He finally has a new job by his house and loves it.
Me: So, you really like what you're doing, huh?
Ry: Yup! Love it. But I have this feeling...it isn't going to last.
Me: What do you mean?
Ry: Well...I have this feeling my boss is going to walk in one day and say, "well, thanks for your time everyone but we're going to go ahead and close down."
Me: Seems too good to be real?
Ry: Yeah, something like that...
Me: Well, you've been through it before. You'll get through it again.
Ry: I already have a back up plan.
Me: Wow! Cool, Ryan! Way to be prepared!
Ry: Yup. I'm going to go on the Game Show Circuit.
Me: That seems stable.
Ry: Yeah, I'm going to start with Wheel of Fortune and then move on to The Price Is Right or Millionare.
Me: Ryan, I'm really proud of you for taking charge of your career.
Ry: Thanks, Holl.
No comments:
Post a Comment