Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Healing

It is crazy funny how the human mind works sometimes. Our emotions can totally control our actions and I have a constant fight against these emotions when they aren’t warranted. I want to live in the truth not based on emotion. I don’t want to make a decision based on a feeling. “Well…I just FEEL like I should.” Of course, I don’t want to shut out the emotions, either. Razor’s edge. Balance.

So I’m all strong in my walk, right? I’m in the word, listening to Christian teachings, praying, helping others. Recently, I’ve been helping someone going through a tough time and have been relating this person back to my tough time. In fact, Joey and I, with some caution, can laugh about the time we went through together…well, with A LOT of caution. When I talk about the situation, it doesn’t sting the way it used to three years, two years and even a bit a year ago. I thought to myself, “look how far I’ve come! Look how much time has healed me! Look how we can communicate and help others using our pain as an example!”

And then…then I see a picture and I’m sent into an insecure tailspin all over. Who am I kidding? I’m just as vulnerable as anyone else. It does still hurt. I’m not completely over it. Time doesn’t heal.

“Give it time,” people say.

Bull shit.

Give it Jesus.

If time healed, I think three years ought to bury everything a few times over. But Christ deals with me. Yes, I just had a stumbling moment and my tendency wants to obsess, call Joey to have him build me up and toss some banana peels into my thinking Delorean. Instead, I’m writing this, calling on Jesus to help me through and wanting to move forward.

Friends who love me: Check
Family who supports me: Check
Husband who cares for me: Check
Jesus who brings me from darkness to light: Check

Back to my Base.

You are so good to me,
You heal my broken heart,
You are my Father in Heaven
You ride upon the clouds
You lead me to the truth
You are the Spirit inside me

You are beautiful my sweet, sweet song
And I will sing again

You are my strong melody, You are my dancing rhythm
You are my perfect rhyme
And I will sing of You forever

You poured out all Your blood
You died upon the cross
You are my Jesus who loves me

You are my Father in heaven
You are the Spirit inside me
You are my Jesus who loves me

You Are So Good To Me~Third Day

No comments: