Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New Kid On The Block

I've been married for almost 3 months now. Yes, I'm the new kid on the block. It's so weird how God is using me and exposing me to the things of this world, the marriages of this world. God wanted me to know how He felt about divorce when He placed me in the BSF class. He also wanted me to fully understand the love He has for me--no matter what I do. Yesterday, I had conversations with people who are ripping love apart. I'm understanding more and more that love is not a feeling. It is an action. It is committment. Just like the song Joey and I danced to on our wedding day, love is something that we do. I pray for Jesus to be allowed into these failing relationships and marriages. I pray for Joey and I to stay and sprint after Him. Hold on tight.

I heard this song for the first time this morning. I want to share it with so many of my friends...

Love Is Not A Fight
by Warren Barfield

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
It's a house we enter in then commit to never leave
So lock the door behind you
Throw away the key
Work it out together
Let it bring us to our knees

Love is a shelter in a raging storm
Love is peace in the middle of a war
If we try to leave; May God send angels to guard the door
No, Love is not a fight but its something worth fighting for

Some love is a word that they can fall into.
But when they're falling out keeping that word is hard to do

Love is a shelter in a raging storm
Love is peace in the middle of a war
If we try to leave; May God send angels to guard the door
No, Love is not a fight but its something worth fighting for

Love will come to save us If we'll only call
He will ask nothing from us but demand we give our all

Love is a shelter in a raging storm
Love is peace in the middle of a war
If we try to leave; May God send angels to guard the door
No, Love is not a fight but its something worth fighting for

No comments: