"I'm not going to church today. I've been puking all night."
"Okay, Joe. I'll get you some Vernor's before church. Hang tight."
"Hey, Todd."
"Hey, Holly."
"Hey, could you save me a seat at church? Just one seat, though. Joey's sick and I need to get him some Vernor's. I'll be a little late."
"No problem. Just pulling into church now."
"Thanks."
"Here's the Vernor's."
"Moan...."
"I'm trying to be patient, lady, but I'm late for church...please just move into the other lane...thank you! I can see the 55 mph sign just ahead...I'll start accelerating now...I'm making great time! ...uh oh....cop....is....pulling me over...."
"Good morning!."
"Morning."
"Do you know why I pulled you over?"
"Yes (smile)."
"Where you going?"
"Church (smile)"
"Really (chuckle)."
"Yes...Riverview."
"Okay, I'll be right back."
TEXT MESSAGE FROM TODD (WHO IS A POLICE OFFICER): Where are u?
TEXT MESSAGE BACK: Got pulled over.
TEXT FROM TODD: Cry
TEXT MESSAGE FROM MEGAN: Where are u? I thought u were coming to church?
TEXT MESSAGE BACK: Talking to a nice police officer.
TEXT FROM MEGAN: I agree with Todd. Cry.
"Oh crap. Here he comes. I wonder how much the ticket is going to cost."
"Here you go (hands back license and registration). Have a nice day."
"Uh...."
"Just slow down."
"Okay (almost crying)."
I so deserved that ticket. I knew it and was ready for it. But I didn't get the ticket. The police officer gave me grace and I thought about Christ. I walked into church 10 minutes late and found my friends. As I stood next to them, I realized we were singing "Grace Like Rain." How perfect.
1 comment:
I'll have to remember that one.
"I'm going to Church"
"At 8:15 on a Monday ?"
"Its the Post Festivus Celebration that runs for weeks after Festivus"
wish me luck
Post a Comment