Thursday, November 29, 2007

New and Old

New members of the family:

My cousin (the one in the middle) became a grandfather on Friday (that's crazy!) to Savannah Jayde. His son, the one on the right, is married to Katie, the one with the baby. Her brother is Eric Salisbury at Riverview. Can't wait to meet Savannah. She's like my third cousin or something.

My cousin Travis with his niece.






My cousin Sarah with her niece and....her fiance! Jeremy asked Sarah to marry him yesterday and she accepted. After she said yes, Jeremy asked her the most amazing question: will you pray with me. That part of the story made me cry because these two are so in love with Jesus and want Him to be in every part of their relationship.

Another new member! Mia Phoebe! She is Joey's first cousin. Aunt Robyn had little Mia on November 7. Kind of funny how my family is having third cousins and Joey's still getting first cousins.





With all of these new changes, I was stuck today with a sudden yearning for my grandparents. I had breakfast with my co-workers at the college cafe this morning. One of the dishes was oatmeal and it tasted exactly like the kind my grandma Louise used to make. I longed for her so badly my heart hurt. Later, we could hear some old time Christmas music and again, I missed the people who have passed away and I longed for the past. Funny how that works sometimes.













No comments: