Two years ago today, I was flying over the Atlantic arriving home from an exhausting journey. I was so happy and relieved to be back in the U.S. The first thing I did when I got off the plane was buy a Vernor's.
So much has changed since then but I'm still glad to be right where I am.
Joey and I went to Columbus to visit a very sick friend this past weekend. The trip was a little intense for us and at one point, I was calling anyone I could think of asking for prayer. I got through to Suz and she prayed for me over the phone. Really, this weekend was about not listening to Satan tell me I'm not good enough to do work for God. It was about having faith, not fear, when God asks you to do something.
We met up for dinner with Bob and Terra. Bob is Krissie's ex-boyfriend turned best friend and Terra is his fiance. We had fun seeing downtown Columbus and then seeing the house Bob and Terra are moving into after their marriage in October.
We stayed at Terra's house. She lives with her parents and her father is the head pastor of the church. Christ is so cool (I say that all the time). These people didn't even know us but put us up for the night. And the rooms were like out of a bed and breakfast. Four poster, canopy beds with plush duvet's and a step stool to get into the bed.
The following morning we attended church with them. I felt like we were on a TV show. Everything was so white and big. The church was huge and it made me wonder if this is what Riv will look like soon. It made me almost wish to keep our church the same.
The pastor who taught said something really cool. Christians have the freedom to obey and freedom comes to those who walk in obedience.
During our trip, Joey and I were listening to Paul Harvey. He said the following: Americans think freedom means Independence but really it is a DEPENDENCE to follow the laws of this nation in order to keep it free. Our founding fathers did not see this as an opportunity to go nuts with freedoms. They were dependent on God and His will. Freedom not to do whatever you want, but freedom to do what you ought.
1 comment:
Has it really been two years? Man, time flies!
Post a Comment