Remember how I wrote about not really wanting to change so I felt like God was going to change my surroundings to shake me up a bit? I still hold to that.
Someone recently told me they think I don't like death because I don't like change. There are some changes people embrace but I think every kind of change means letting go of something else...and when you let go of that something else, most times there is a little bit of sadness there.
I do not think I have a problem with death. It just happens in my life a lot. I have a friend who has never been to a funeral where he knew the person personally. I attended my first funeral at the age of 12. So you see, I do think death is sad even if the person was a Christian but I find it devastating if the person wasn't. I think my outlook is a pretty healthy one.
But this post isn't about death...so to speak.
I moved into a new apartment last week. Well, technically, it's new but I actually lived in the apartment across the parking lot in 2003. The whole thing is freaking me out. As much as I loved 2003, I don't want to go back there and I feel like I went back in time. My apartment faces a different direction but it is the same, exact set up. The other day, I thought about who I was the last time I moved in which would have been October 2002.
Who moved me the first time? Dean, Errol, my mom and Francois.
Who moved me in this time? Joey, Travis and Yi
I was dating BT last time.
I am engaged to JAC now.
My closest friends were Ry, Bek, Ang, Patrick, Russ, Andy, Jake, M & B and BT
Now: JAC, Yi, Jennwy, Peter, Krissie and some other people who I am growing closer to all the time. Please don't misunderstand. I still love the people I was close to then and I'm still somewhat close to them now but not like we were. Our lives have changed. Crazy thing is that I didn't even know the people I would consider my closest peeps today. Didn't even know they existed. That thought hit me so hard when I was walking through my living room on Wednesday. There was no Yi. There were no Awesomes. No Lilly's. No Megs. None of them except for Joey but he was a memory at the time. All of that changed me. And why was that?
Then: I followed me.
Now: I follow Christ.
I became a Christian while I lived in these apartments in 2002-2003. In the past week, I have found myself in various spots and remembered certain things. This is where Joey signed my Bible. This is where my mom and I had a discussion. Joey told me he loved me right here. I shared the gospel for the first time in this room.
It's crazy. So many things have been reminding me how far I have come as a Christian. A friend of mine told me not to measure my "progress" but hey, I have come a long way! I have another posting about that later, though.
Let me know if you want to come visit me. I get really lonely (especially without cable TV).
1 comment:
holly! i dont have cable either. and really, we go through the same thing all the time. I was riding with my brother the other day and passed a hotel i had partied at during one part of my life... and partied in a crazy way. and then i thought about where i am now. it's weird, and happens a lot around here. i prefer this life WAY MORE than the last life =) AND, i dont have cable either. we should hang out! hahaha... i hope you're good and i can't wait to talk. It's been like forever since i've seen you or JC.
Post a Comment