I finished reading Cash last fall and typed out some of the parts I found interesting, especially because I have someone in my life I love to death but is addicted.
I’m thankful that God has inspired me to want to write, and that He might possibly use me to influence somebody for the good, if I can see the opportunities through the smokescreen of my own ego.
Finally, I’m thankful, very thankful, that at this moment I have absolutely no craving for any kind of drug. I’ve been up almost three hours today, and this is the first time I’ve thought about it, and even then it’s in the spirit of gratitude. So my disease isn’t active. Last night I saw a bottle of wine passed around the table, and I never once thought about taking even a sip of it. (So why am I thinking about it now? Watch it, Cash! Gotta never be complacent. Never take anything for granted. Don’t forget, great prices have been paid and will be paid again if you get too smug, too egotistical and self-assured.)
And as I’ve said before, all mod-altering drugs carry a demon called Deception. You think, If this is so bad, why does it feel so good? I used to tell myself, God created this; it’s got to be the greatest thing in the world. But it’s like the old saying about the whino: he starts by drinking out of the bottle, and then the bottle starts drinking out of him. The person starts by taking the drugs, but then the drugs start taking the person. That’s what happened to me.
1 comment:
I just read Cash yesterday!
Post a Comment