Saturday, January 27, 2007

Being Offended Part III-What to do?

More notes I jotted down while watching JM:

  • I have been bitter and resentful because of the way I was treated. Jesus said, “my peace I leave with you.” Don’t be upset all the time.
  • Proverbs 19:11. 11 A man's discretion makes him slow to anger, And it is his glory to overlook a transgression. Glory to pass over a transgression. It’s a choice. We choose to be angry. There is a glory that covers us when we chooses not to be offended.
  • Be the kind of person who has to be pushed really far before they ever get offended.
  • I will feel my emotions but I can choose my response.
  • Though everything else is going wrong, I will rejoice in the Lord.
  • When you see the person who has offended you, say hello, ask how they are and do not speak badly about them to others. Someone hurt you but someone else loves that person. Do not share your view. Bless (speak well of) our enemies, don’t curse (speak evil of) them.
  • You can’t let what an unkind, rude person has done to you control you. Slam the door in the devil's face and allow God to reveal what the offender has done to you to the offender.
  • When you are hurt by the people closest to you, it hurts your spirit. It goes down deep. What should you do?
    1.) Repent—even if it wasn’t your fault. Humble self and review how you are treating people in your own life. As I repent, it will soften my heart.
    2.) Forgiving—after repenting, it will stick better
    3.) Pray for those that hurt/persecute you (Matt 5).

So, yeah. I have been paying more attention to my emotions by giving my emotions less attention. I've been more emotional than usual! But I know God will work through this with me if it's something He wants me to work on. As for dealing with people who offend, well, I've learned a lot. I listen to others complain about what so and so did and I wish they could know the stuff God has revealed to me. And when people have offended me? Whoa. Even recently, I've shared the offense with at least one other person. Is it right? Is it okay to vent? Even if it is to Joey? What if it is about Joey?

More on that later...

No comments: