Monday, November 27, 2006

Update on my cousin Justin—he is doing awesome but is still in Walter Reed hospital which is in Maryland. He lost three fingers on his right hand: his index, ring and pinky fingers are stubs. Actually, his index finger is the worst and will be completely removed, knuckle and all. His left calf muscle is pretty torn up. He rides around in a wheel chair and has been fitted for some type of hand. Joey understands the details better than I do. Bottom line to me is that he is happy, healthy and recovering.

Saturday was good times. Joey and I drove to Lake Odessa to see Justin’s siblings, my other cousins. Josh just got out of basic training in South Carolina. Stacey goes to Grand Rapids CC and Hunter is a freshman in high school. I asked Josh for directions to their house to make sure I remembered where they live. I asked him for road names.

Josh: Uh…I don’t really know road names. I’m more of a “take a left at the tree that burned down 2 years ago and a right at the yellow fire hydrant.”

We took them out for pizza and laughed almost the whole time. They are some crazy kids. When Joey and I were leaving, Josh gave us directions to the freeway. “Take a right where I hit that deer a few years ago and a left where I dropped my gum the other day.”

We drove out to Jenison to visit my best friend from grade school. Jenny and her husband Nate became Christians a few years ago and it was an amazing time reconnecting with them. They are so happy and have three beautiful kids. We went out to eat and spent so much of our time talking about the blessings in our lives. I love talking to people freely about God and what He does in my life. It feels good to have another brother and sister, too :o) When we were leaving, Joey said, “I wish they lived closer. Nate and I would definitely be sharpening each other’s faith.”

We had fun on the way home talking, laughing and playing "name that artist" with the radio stations. I, of course, remain the champ.

No comments: