Sunday, October 22, 2006

Pre-Halloween Weekend
















Friday, we went to the Swanson Fall Festival party. So much good food and of course, I ate too much. I surprised Jenny who didn't know I was such a hog. The pumpkin carving contest was...interesting.














Clark's pumpkin Joey's pumpkin (1st place)


Saturday, we participated in the HTH (Holt Treasure Hunt). We were the Superhero team: Ballboy (Joey), Holly Fantastic (a sleepy superhero), Captain Awesome (Peter), Super Nanny (Jenny), Captain Backslash (Clark) and Semicolon Girl (Kristen). The Road Rally started at Holt's 9th grade campus. The first clue took us to Dead Man's Hill. We were pretty good at getting most of the clues. Some mistakes were not opening the plastic golf ball and thinking we had to go to MSU driving range. We figured that out before we got too far away. Another mistake was not finding the right creek on Chapman. We went to a golf course thinking that might be the place to get the clue. We also went there for a pee break. Coming out of the clubhouse, I realized I was staring at a flat tire. Oh snap. Grandma's purple van had a flat. We went from 2nd place to 11th. We also had to call in twice to headquarters because we couldn't find the clue. Here are some good things we did:

Clue--A rock glued into a piece of wood. Jenny: "Maybe its not a rock...maybe its a stone...and a plank." Clark looked it up on the GPS and sure enough, Old Plank road intersected Stone Road.

Clue--It read "go here to get your chips and cheese to go along with your beer." Peter began to study the map and found the intersection of Colby and Pringle. "Pringle and colby! Chips and cheese!"

Clue--A small piece of paper with random letters all over it. There were two folds on each side. Kristen folded the two sides back and read the clue...but it wasn't the clue. She then folded the two ends together and THAT was the clue. So smart.

Everyone did such an awesome job. If you ever get a chance to do a road rally, go for it. I can't wait for next year. We ended up at the Mason VFW hall for the dinner and dancing. Yeah, check out some of the dancing.

No comments: