Saturday, October 21, 2006

Justin is coming home

My cousin Justin was injured in Iraq this week. This is the same cousin I said goodbye to in May. I don't know all the details but I know he is alive. He was driving the humvee which went over a landmine in an area that had been cleared by the army the day before. It ripped off four of his fingers, shredded his calf muscle and cause a severe concussion. Somehow, he did something to save some of the guys with him which earned him a purple heart (you can see it pinned to him in the picture). Some of the guys didn't make it. Justin is coming home today or tomorrow. Well, he's going to a hospital in MD and then home, eventually. Please pray for continued recovery, physically, mentally and spiritually. And keep praying for the servants over there. I know they signed up for it but that can just not be a reason to not care about them. Truly, I'm tired of that statement because these are our brothers and sisters...and cousins. Justin's brother Josh goes to Iraq in December. By some miracle, could they all come home...alive...before then? Yeah, I know that was silly.

No comments: