Saturday, October 14, 2006

Myspace Rant about Sex

So, it started out like this: My Space is for child molesters and 14-year-olds.
Then it went to this: well, maybe I'll just join so I can keep an eye on my 14-year-old nephew. Now it's this: Crap! I haven't updated my profile song in like a month! Better get to it....

I just spent two and half hours on MySpace. Think it's a waste of time? Well, check out what I'm learning, remembering, and wishing I never knew.

Ah-ha Moment #1
So, you don't want to listen to God tell you not to have sex with anyone but your spouse. You're horny. You have the right. It's your body. Who cares if the creator of the universe tells you, "dude, it's a bad idea." I mean, who are any of us accountable to? Ourselves? Living for ourselves? "I want to be as sexy and free as I want to be. I answer to no one." Great. Now, you're 18, pregnant with an STD. "I'll just get an abortion." Yeah, that's right. Just do that. It's like an immunization, right? Nothing you'll remember and regret for the rest of your life. "Well, I'll just use a condom." Having sex with someone is the closest you will ever be to them spiritually. You can't touch someone's soul by hugging them but connecting to them sexually, you will forever be bonded. Don't believe me? Noel taught on sex last year. He said his wife was a virgin when they got married but he took every memory from every previous sexual encounter he's ever had into his marriage bed. For the rest of his life, he'll fight off those memories when he could have just had the ones with his wife. Sex emotionally links you to someone. When that someone decides to start having sex with someone else, you are ripped away but still bonded. Still bonded together. God does not want this for you. He made sex hot to stay with YOUR SPOUSE forever.

Guess whose profile I found on myspace today? The first person I ever had sex with. This guy is a stand up comic in NYC. He says he addicted to cigarettes, blow jobs and amateur porn. I gave my virginity to this??? Please say it ain't so. For all I know, I could be the punch line to one of his jokes. I'm in his memory forever as the first one and now he carries that with him wherever he goes. I feel exploited because the person I'm engaged to isn't my first. Why didn't I wait? Why could I not wait for the person I would be married to so that my virginity wouldn't be walking the streets of NYC, dropping the f-bomb, looking for a BJ and renting "Crumb"?

Ah-ha Moment #2
Why am I writing about sex and losing my virginity? Because after spending two and a half hours on myspace, I realized a lot of it was about sex, sex, sex. Sex is so exploited. People bare it all for everyone to see. I'm so tired of it. What about the fun of life? What about just going to the mall or a museum or running a 5k? Why is everyone writing about how many hickeys they got from their girlfriend last night or how they want sex, sex and more sex? Why is everyone being so sexual as if it defines who they are? Why, if we have to so sexual and write about sex all the time, why isn't it about our spouses? People assume sex will stop being hot after marriage? Why aren't the ones writing about hot sex married?!?! Instead, we're all quickly becoming bonded to one another yet more broken than ever. It isn't fulfilling. I have been down that road and I know how empty it is.

Ah-ha Moment #3
A lot of it this is coming from my little cousins. Well, the last time I checked, they were my little cousins. Now they are the ages of 16-14 and guess what they are writing about? Sex, drugs, and who is more musically hip. I could cry right now. I was them when I was their age. I was 14 and messing around with the guy I wrote about who is walking the streets of NYC with my virginity. I could only plead with them to hold on to theirs but why would they listen to their 30-year-old cousin, aunt. I'm lame. I'm an adult. But I have a picture and a story. You only have to look up the first guy I had sex with on myspace to know better. Don't give it away. What made me think it was cool to take virginity away from others? What made me think I need to have sex with one more person to make it to 10? It's stupid. It's a waste. I was horribly wrong.

Ah-ha Moment #4
"Well, I need to try everyone out sexually first to know if we are compatible." No. You don't. In the teaching on sex, Noel made an excellent point: it takes married couples YEARS to become compatible. Practice, practice, practice.

Ah-ha Moment #5
It ain't cool to be a Christian. It's cool to be an atheist. Don't forget, cool kids, that if someday you try to high five Jesus, He will turn to you and say, "I never knew you." You WANT this guy to know you. But, if you insist on going through the drunkenness, drugs and sexual exploits before learning it all...the hard way...the way I did it, then that is your free will. Is it possible to learn a little something from me? From the adults in your life? The pressure is great, I know. I truly know. But you don't have to cave in. There is a different support system out there for you to lean on. It's real. It will save you.

Ah-ha Moment #6
I needed to see all of this so that I don't forget its out there. It is times like these when I want to seperate the weeds from the wheat but it isn't my place.

God, help us all...the ones who have, the ones who haven't yet, the ones who are...

1 comment:

Mike said...

Stupid tax = paying debt to the school of life

The only way to help your cousin's and the like is to continue being as transparent as you are now.

The author isn't through with you yet ;-)