Friday, September 01, 2006

Updates

A few quick updates:
  • For those who do not ready Joey's blog, he got a new job at Holt Jr. High School teaching 7th & 8th grade Art. He also is teaching Art Education part time at Alma College. And I have to share something really cool about this story. When Holt offered Joey the position, they did so the day after the interview. To me, that is unheard of. Most times you wait a week at least. That was how impressed the interview panel was with Mr. Corr. There was a catch, of course. He would lose his tenure and start over at Holt. This meant a $3,000 pay cut. Guess how much Alma offered him per semester? God is cool :o)
  • Joey's house sold in 2 weeks. He waited on God's timing, accepted the offer, and is now saving a whole lot of money by living with Ma and Pa Corr. It's a big house and everyone is adjusting.
  • I'm going away this weekend to stay in TC with Kate. I can't wait because Kate is great. She really was becoming my mentor before they left...wow...a year ago was when they moved.
  • I'm signing up for my first 8k next week. Grrrr.....
  • The news of the year! My friend Jason and his wife Greta are pregnant with their first baby....I mean...babies...three of them! Please pray for them. They're a little nervous.
  • I feel like there is a whole lot more i want to write but I can't reveal too much. I have several friends in painful places right now and I can't save them from it. I can only pray and encourage them to put their faith in God instead of themselves.

Happy Labor Day weekend and Happy Birthday to some cool people who I love dearly: Melissa, Dan and Peter.

OH! I do have some new news! How could I forget? I have a new pastor!!!! Congrats, Dan! I mean, Pastor Dan :o)

1 comment:

Sally said...

Hey, I heard you're engaged!!! Congratulations!!! :) :) :)

Love to both of ya,

Sally