A story from JM:
I give away a lot of my clothes. There is a woman who works for me in my home and when it comes time to give these clothes away, she says, “oh, I wish I could fit into your clothes. They would look so good on me if I could just lose the weight.” The next time came around to give away more clothes. She said, “I really wish I could fit into your clothes. I hate watching them move through the house and out the door to someone else. I wish…” A month ago, it came time again. This time, however, she said, “you know what? I am going to fit into your clothes. I’m going to start eating better and get more exercise. I’m going to be the first person in line to try on those clothes.” See what she did? She turned her “wish” into a “going to”.
Stop wishing and start pressing for what you want in life.
4 comments:
Good story. I've been training for the Disney half marathon (13.1 miles) and instead of saying, "I hope I can finish without being picked up on the golf cart and having to wear Goofy ears", I'm saying "I WILL finish this race, because I've invested $94 dollars into it!". Ok, maybe that was a bad example.
;-)
Ah! That IS a good one, Kell. I HOPE I don't see you in those Goofy ears.
Just to let you know, you have now inspired me to do a half marathon. Yikes. When is the Disney half marathon again? Maybe i can join you :)
I'd LOVE for you to join me. It's January 5th, 2007 in Orlando, obviously. Google 2007 Disney Half Marathon (I don't have the link to the site right now).
cool beans!
Post a Comment