Monday, August 07, 2006

Reasons not to get out of bed today...

I remember when I first started dating Joey in 2003, I was like the little girl from the movie Signs: The water tastes funny.

Now, in the words of Dave Matthews, DON’T DRINK THE WATER (IF YOU LIVE IN MASON).

This is trying to anger me on so many levels.

And now, in the words of a soon to be former Mason resident: WTF...I have been drinking radioactive water!!!!!! No wonder I haven't been sleeping well :op

Other headlines that really tried to kill my joy this morning:

So, I started to go down that road of feeling hopeless but I quickly grabbed my joy before it flew out the sunroof. I remembered something important. Something that had been reaffirmed for me this weekend. I am saved. I am passed over in a good way. We have friends who care about us soooo much. We have people who are quickly becoming new friends who care about us soooo much. No. I will continue to have joy even as I pay 3.25 for gas (if that should happen).

And Yi, I loved your post. I could relate to it well this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly, you are protected by heavenly lead. :)

~Jennwy

Mike said...

Holly, take something into consideration... The radium levels in Mason where always 226, the federal accepted level WAS 228 and they lowered it. Therefore outlawing Mason water. Mason's water didn't get worse (God only knows it couldn't taste much worse anyway), the feds just lowered the bar and outlawed our water.

What ticks me off is they cheapskated on the fix... Why pay a crap load to just fix the problem, when you can pay a crap load + a cherry on top and get softened water from the city. Oh well, one more dealio I have to buy.