Clark: What kind of party runs out of beer?
Me: Um…a Christian party?
Di: I really like the Koi pond. We need something like this for our backyard.
Someone else: How does Mike feel about a Koi Fish Pond?
Di: I don’t know but I really like it.
Few minutes pass and Mike strolls up to the pond.
Me: Aren’t these fish cool?
Mike: Yeah, they’re okay.
Me: Did you know there was a Koi that sold for $12,000 on the internet.
Mike: $12,000?
Joey: Yeah, it was a huge fish, though.
Mike: $12,000?
Me: The coloring on the Koi was unique and really pretty.
Mike: $12,000?
Joey and I: Yes, $12,000.
Mike: Sign me up.
The tennis ball Titan was playing with became really gross and dirty.
Reta (Joey’s mom): We should find Titan a new ball to play with.
Denny (Joey’s dad): Well, let’s see…we’re at the home of a baseball coach. I’m sure he has some balls.
(Reta and Holly snicker.)
Denny: You girls are dirty.
James Granger was teaching on the Bible. He said his son, who is maybe…nine?...asked him if God was real.
JG: Yes, He is real. Why do you ask?
Son: Because I can’t see Him.
JG: Let’s go outside for a minute. See the trees? Why are they moving?
Son: The wind is moving them.
JG: Can you see the wind?
Son: Um….no.
JG: But you know it’s there, right?
Son: Dad, can I go inside now?
JG: Sure.
Me: Will you buy me Season 5 of ER for my half birthday?
JC: No. When is your half birthday?
Me: When it’s half way to my birthday.
JC: Oh. No.
Me: Ok
Joey and I were having a deep discussion while sitting in his parked car in the driveway. We were discussing marriage and certain expectations. We were revealing some of our pains and fears.
JC: I love you.
Me: Why?
JC: Because you have a cute butt.
We might just be ready for that next step.
Other highlights:
- Mark's party on Friday night. Met Paula...and then later...I confidently said, "Paula, you changed your clothes!" She smiled and said, "my name isn't Paula. It's Pam." I was horrified for getting her name wrong....but really the joke was on me because Pam and Paula are twins. Nice one. Had fun hanging out (more on that later) and seeing Yi. I miss her so much.
- Ran 5...yes....5 miles with Melissa. I thought I was going to pass out but didn't let on to her. We did walk a few times but it felt good to run.
- The Koi Fish party was pretty great. I'll have to post a picture of the fish. They all swam up to the edge to try to party with us. It was good to hang out with the Lilly's (even though one was missing....booooo, Katie). Dana and her brother grilled some veggies (so good) and the Chappy's brought their fire pit. It was awesome to hang out with Megan and learn more about her year in Honduras. I'm actually going to miss the little house on Cherry Street. The next house will be better (I keep telling myself).
- Blueberry Wheat Beer = Success
- Went to my cousin's wife's baby shower. We laughed about how Cory and I used to play dolls together. He and I would both get homemade clothes from our grandma for Christmas. He's going to be a fabulous dad.
- Joey bought "me" a dryer.
- Grilled the leftover food and then ended the day with a walk around Mason and watching Lost on DVD.
- One Eyed Willy passed away yesterday afternoon. I had noticed him swimming toward the top of the fish tank on Saturday. As we were making dinner on Sunday, I saw him laying on the floor of the tank…upside down. He did well for only having one eye and will be missed.
8 comments:
Sorry I couldn't come out. I was exhausted at the thought of running 5 miles. = )
$12,000?
Tell Joey it would have been cheaper for him to buy you ER Season 5 rather than the dryer! ;-)
Kelly! I love you!!!! Why don't I think of these things :)
~Holly R.
Mike: $12,000
Ya...but I liked the dryer!
Mike...yes $12000 for a fish!
Craziness!!!! Had a great time, best of luck house hunting in the future.
Joey's parents are funny, I miss them.
I liked the wind story JG told. I also liked the way he can recite scripture, it is just simply amazing.
I hope you get Season 5 of ER for your half birthday. I promise there is no hiding agenda... promise :)
The Blueberry Wheat Beer was really good.
Thank you for missing me, I miss you too, a lot!
Love
Post a Comment