Monday, July 17, 2006

Eagle's Nest

Okay, so there is this house I saw a couple months ago. It was for sale and Century 21 was having an open house. This particular house is in Mason and since Joey and I look at houses just for fun, I thought we could check it out. Problem one: it is next to the freeway. Not sure if we would like that. Problem two: it is a little narrow in places. Problem three: No trees…at all. Here are the positives: affordable, nice for a family, finished basement, place for a Koi pond, huge backyard for dogs, and the name of the street is Eagle’s Nest. Isn’t that cute? I forgot to mention the biggest problem of all (other than it being right off of South street): someone had written an offer.

We forgot about the house until a few weeks ago when we were driving through Mason and saw open house signs leading us to.... Eagle’s Nest. The house was still being shown. We thought it had been sold. Hmmm….

Yesterday, we were chilling at Grandma Corr’s when she handed Joey the latest Real Estate brochure. There, on the front cover, was the Eagle’s Nest house. “What if God wants you to move into that house, Joey? I mean, they obviously haven’t sold it.” Hmmmm…..

We went to Big Boy to eat breakfast last night (yes, I said night—we may have been made for each other). While waiting for the food, Joey said, joking, “Okay, I’m going to open up this Real Estate magazine to a page…any page…and whatever page I open it to will be the house I’m going to buy.” He stuck his finger in the book and opened it to the page.

Guess what house was on the random page he opened it to? Yeah, Eagle’s Nest. We both stared at each other and then broke out with the “no ways”. We’ll see what God has in store for Joey but if that house is STILL available in December, he might be moving in.

1 comment:

Yi said...

It's the house number 222. If it is, you HAVE to get it :)