A month or so ago, I was talking to Tricia about decorations for our Fiesta Kids Kamp. My mom said I could borrow her blankets from Mexico along with her authentic sombrero. The only condition was that her church needed these back for the VBS they would be running in July, also Fiesta. When I told Tricia this, she said, "no problem...and if your mom's church would want our decorations after we are finished, let me know."
I relayed this information back to my mom who put me in contact with the woman who runs their VBS. I think they were both taken by surprise that the church they tend to call "the place down the street" would want to help them. Last Thursday, the two churches met and handed off many of the decorations used by Riverview.
Yesterday, I went to see what the Presbytarian church had done. It was fascinating. They truly go all out with VBS. What gave me chills, though, was seeing the decorations Riverview made, hanging among the others. I wonder if it gave God chills to see us working together and sharing. Too often, churches bash one another. Here was a chance to see the bride of Christ helping each other to reach kids.
Oh, and the decorations will move on to the Dimondale church next. Bravo to these churches and yay, God.
No comments:
Post a Comment