Thursday, June 15, 2006

Jack

Jack's sick. The outlook isn't good. Joey says he has dropsy. I'm not sure what that means but I know it looks really gross. His eyes are protruding and the scales around his lips are all flaky. Joey thinks something happened in the tank, like maybe the catfish went after him or he was cut somehow. The cut got infected, Jack got stressed out and now we have him in isolation. He's already swimming a little sideways. I feel like I failed as a parent. I also hope Diane doesn't get sick. She's scared because Jack is gone.

I know it's dumb to pray for my fish but maybe you could pray for me. One thing is certain--I'm never buying fish again.

On another note, Joey is home safe and sound. We leave for Chicago early tomorrow morning. Go Cubbies!

4 comments:

Yi said...

I'm sorry about your fish...

Have fun in Chicago :) I'd have to root for the Tigers though...

The Professor said...

Chicago was a blast ....Tigers kicked butt....poor Jack is no longer with us...he died early this morning :o(

Anonymous said...

Jacks should never go away :(

The Professor said...

I agree Peter...something just must be done about reincarnating Jack!