Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Part 1~ I am the Big Brother

I’m in a growing phase. Faith inside me is deepening. The only way this can happen is by going through trials. These trials have been coming at me for the past few months and now, I’m feeling the change inside of me, like I “get it” more. I know for certain I am no longer a baby Christ Follower. The realm I am in would be more of a junior high Christ Follower. I have been writing about going through this change and I need to share the good, rotten and beautiful. God is growing me up.

I read in Our Daily Bread yesterday about how we represent all three characters from the Prodigal Son parable at different times in our lives. Julie Ackerman Link writes “at times we are the wayward child in need of repentance and forgiveness. At other times we are the big brother who wants to hold on to resentment and withhold forgiveness. But as we mature, we become like the father, whose highest desire is to have all his children reconciled.”

I see how I have been the wayward child...sometimes once a day...but no, overall I am faithful. The past few months, I've actually been the big brother, not wanting to forgive, not letting myself forget. But the time is coming. I feel like I'm sitting on the edge of it...I can see it...I see the lesson almost as soon as it happens. Quite an exciting time for me right now....quite a scary, difficult, painful, joyous time. Stand by for more.....

1 comment:

Yi said...

I am proud of the person you are now, and the person you want to become as you are getting to know and grow in God... You are great :)

Happy First Day of Summer :) How about those darn storms? Yucks...