Saturday, January 07, 2006

S.H.A.P.E.

In our Wednesday PDL group, we are discussing the SHAPE God gives to us. Not our physical shape but the spiritual gifts we have which our unique. It is easy to say, "I don't have any," but trust that God would not give them to everyone else and not you, loser. That was mean. Sorry. I want to figure out the things I'm good at doing. I want to use them to serve Christ. I want to somehow make a career out of it or at least gear my gifts to a potential job. I'm doing the best I can where I'm at now but I'm getting the tap on the shoulder: time to go...really now.

Here is my question to you, Loki22 blog reader: can you help me to identify areas you think I do well in? This is not my way of fishing for compliments. This is my way of asking those around me where they notice I excel or do well. Perhaps you don't have anything to offer but can tell me what I should stay away from (singing teacher, coupon making, leadership). Please help me (insert name here)...you're my only hope.

3 comments:

VRA said...

I think you're an excellent writer. You express your thoughts in print with such imagination and creativity, it's really inspiring.

Yi said...

I second that :)

Anonymous said...

I have to agree - you are an exceptional writing talent. One of your best attributes as a writer is your ability to set scenes and provide interesting context in sharp, concise sentences.

I also think you have the ability to use your talents in many ways - to communicate about your relationship with God and spiritual growth, to tell a fictional story, to be a journalist...whatever you want. I think that you have the ability to adapt your writing talents to a number of situations.