So many random things happened this weekend, good and uncomfortable.
Friday was good. Partook in some Baja with Sonny but the winds blew my chips to the ground. The birds enjoyed them, though. Went to dinner at Bek and Ry’s. They grilled a fabulous salmon with soy and garlic. Mmmmm. I took a little nap while they were cooking. Ryan came up stairs to wake me.
“oh, look…there’s little miss Holly! I miss my Holls!” It was kind of funny and reminded me of how much I miss hanging out with them. We drove to Mike Babbie’s 30th party separately. I love the hook ups that come with knowing Mike. Free valet parking, free entry into the bar, free drinks… I was happy to see many faces I hadn’t seen in a year or so. Fun times.
Went to Dana’s housewarming on Saturday. This was after I cleaned my bathroom and picked up my room. Oh, and after I watched the State game from my bed (I soooo wanted to be there). Dana has a beautiful home and an awesome in ground pool. I left after an hour and drove over and up to Dewitt to visit the Mazurs (not before a Chai Tea stop in Okemos). I’m so sad to see them go. Little Ruth is getting big and cuter by the day. Kate….she just makes me laugh…and she gets me. She’s also part of my spiritual 911. No fear to say it like it is. Brent is such a solid person. The more I get to know him, the more...I know him. He, too, makes me laugh. Funny how he used to scare me :o) We talked for an hour and half. It was such a refreshing, spiritual discussion. I miss them!!!!
Sunday began in a nice way. I was really tired but could hear someone coming to my bedroom door occasionally. Finally, around 9:00 a.m., my mom opened the door.
“Good morning, babe!” she said with a big smile.
“Morning, mom,” I said groggy.
She made her way over to the side of my bed and leaned down to hug me. “I love you,” she said.
“I love you, too,” I said. She asked when I had church (times change so much I can’t even keep up) and then she left the room. I blinked a couple of times and then stared up at the pictures above me. They are the same pictures I grew up staring at when I would wake up: Jesus walking on water, Jesus talking to little kids, the nativity.
I went to church and for the first time in weeks, I wasn't pissed off at all. What was funny was that the pastor even asked us, “how many of you are ticked at me right now for teaching this stuff?” I wanted to laugh out loud because I was okay with all of it. Guilty of it…yes…but I had already known and started to change in this area…on my own…well, without Riverview bringing it up first.
I went to my mom’s new salon to check it out. She works at Klip & Kurl now. It’s between Miller and Jolly on Pennsylvania in case you were wondering. This is really the first time she’s left Long’s plaza in 26 years or so (she did temporarily leave for a year when I was in college).
Drove down to Michigan Center with my cousin Cory and his wife. We had a good time with the family and then later that night, I went to my dad’s. He and his best friend were trying to play the 20th Anniversary edition of Trivial Pursuit. That game is hard! Then, they cracked themselves up with this little funny:
Bill: (Pointing to TV) You know that hurricane guy on the Weather Channel?
Me: Yeah, Jim Cantore.
Bill: Chas, remember the Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom tv show?
Dad: Yeah
Bill: Remember the guy on there who would sit in the studio while the other guy...Jim...would be out in the wild kingdom getting chewed on by a lion?
Dad: Yeah! Yeah! The old guy would say, "As you can see, Jim has stumbled upon a lion cub..." then they would cut to a commercial while Jim got the crap beat out of him by the lion!
They went on for about 20 minutes, laughing hysterically at themselves.
Bill: It reminds me of this Jim guy on the weather channel. You've got the people looking all nice in the studio and they cut to this guy who's getting the crap beat out of him by a hurricane.
Monday, I cleaned out my car, visited Joey and animals, and then ate lasagna (excellent job, Dino). Fabulous weekend…
4 comments:
Let's get State football tickets for a game and go... You pick the Saturday and I will be in charge of finding tickets. Yes?
This Saturday. Let's just go. We'll buy tickets when we get there. They'll be cheap. Trust me.... I'll call you.
~Holly
Wait---I wanna go!
Kell! Come up! This is your favorite time of year!
Post a Comment