I missed one of the biggest events of my life this past weekend: Buffett at Wrigley Field. Oh, I wanted to go and probably would have paid an embarresing amount of money to go. So, why didn't I? Funny how your "phriend" updates you with every single piece of information about the concert but kinda sorta forgot to tell you when the tickets were actually going on sale. I missed it. At first, I was a little upset but I got over it. I've seen him 10 other times. Still, Buffett at Wrigley...dream come true.
My friend Andy, who lives in Wrigleyville, wrote this to me last Thursday: When I was walking to the train this morining, I saw all the tour busses for the shows this weekend.
They are all around the stadium setting up already, and have taken over all the little parking lots around. All the bars here have "welcome parrot-heads" signs in front. Should be a fun weekend even if I don't have tickets (yet).
Kell sent me a review from the shows. Of course, I must post:
Both concerts were great, the sound was much better than Citizen's Bank Park in Philadelphia. During Sunday's show JB was wearing a yellow NEW ORLEANS T-shirt. Monday he wore a yellow PASCAGOULA T-shirt and a Cubs jersey, #22, with his name on the back. He autographed it and said it would be on eBay with all proceeds from the auction going to hurricane relief. He also said after the Monday show he'd see what he could do to help out so I feel another benefit concert coming on.
At the end of Sunday's show he came back for the encore, then left the stage. Charleston got up on the stage, like he always does, then he ran across the stage, like he never does. I was wondering what was going on, and started wondering even more when the T-shirt guys came back out and started shooting T-shirts into the crowd. Then we saw what was going on. A spotlight came on in the right field bleachers and JB and Mac were sitting there with their guitars. They did City of New Orleans. He did it again at the end of Monday's show, but from the main stage instead of going back up to the bleachers. Then he closed the show with Glory Days. What a great weekend this was.
During Monday's show JB said they had been working on playing in Wrigley for
7 years. He also said he had so much fun he wanted to come back and do it again.
So, maybe Buffett will be back...and I will be there...God willing....
1 comment:
Helllooooooo!?!?! Did I have to buy the tickets for you too!?!?
;-)
Post a Comment