There is a thunderstorm outside. I love it. Everyone is complaining about the weather. I love it. It surprises me when I hear the weather forecasters say, “Unfortunately, we are going to have some major storms today.” Give me a good, dramatic storm over a boring sunny day anytime. Unless I have plans to be outside of course.
On another note, I am finished reading “You: The Owner’s Manual” written by two doctors. This book has been sweet and has helped me make some healthy changes. The book is full of awesome facts, too. Here are some:
The secret to being young is having young arteries. They list many ways on how to maintain healthy arteries.
Training for marathons is not healthy.
High protein diets can accelerate bone loss. So does caffeine.
Men have an enzyme that metabolizes half the alcohol they drink before it even hits the bloodstream. Women don’t have as much of that enzyme in their gut wall or blood.
We all produce one to three pints of gas daily.
Stop ingesting High Fructose Corn Syrup—it confuses your stomach into thinking it is hungry so you overeat
Flossing is a pain so to keep things easy, live by this rule: only floss the teeth you want to keep.
Vegetarians who haven’t eaten meat in a long time don’t like it if they try it again because they don’t secrete the right mix of enzymes from the salivary glands to help it digest. If feels heavy, doesn’t digest as well so you don’t feel good and don’t enjoy it.
Stop eating white rice and white bread. Switch to whole grains. Be smart about your carbs.
I’ve been doing a pretty good job at maintaining a healthy diet. I ate an egg salad sandwich on whole grain bread and drank some water. Then I drove to Akasaka and ordered some white rice with soy sauce. I suck.
Facebook killed my blog. I rarely post anything here anymore but still have a desire to write. You'll see some random thoughts and experiences here as well as the life lessons God uses to grow me up.
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
One of the local radio stations had the authors of that book on the other morning. I called to try to win it, but it didn't work. Sounds very interesting though!
I am afraid of thunderstorms... *embarassed...
That will be the next book I read, after I finish reading Harry Potter, which happened to be a bigger task than I would have liked... I find it hard to eat healthy, I don't know why, but I am having trouble... Good thing you are though :)
Post a Comment