Most of you know...I got baptized on Sunday! It was such a wonderful experience. My friends drove in from D-town and most of my family members also came to support me. I was nervous but the Hills calmed me down a bit by saying "whoever is supposed to be here will." I know not all of my friends liked the church (actually, all of my friends liked the church a lot but some of the guests of my friends thought it was weird...ha! Yes! That is why I attend church there.) and my step-dad had some issues with the lesson but other than that, awesome day! The best part (other than introducing my peeps to my pastors and Riv friends) was getting into the baptismal pool. I was trying to focus on why I was doing all of this...but when I got on my knees, the water went up my shirt and I started laughing. I went backwards into the water, briefly, with my eyes shut and my nose plugged but there was no darkness...all I saw and felt was light. Beautiful white light. In my mind, under the water, I said to myself, "Now others know you walk in the light....Now."
Thank you, Riverview....which would include the pastors that teach us, Chuck who helped me sort out some stuff, and my friends who really are the coolest.
Thank you, Family for coming and supporting me even if you had reservations.
Thank you, Best Friends who felt convicted to drive all that way to see me take such a major step.
Thank You, God, for all of them...and of course, Your son...who is You...I'm still trying to sort that out...but also thank You for the warm water.
3 comments:
No...you may be right...
Riverdance, Steve, and Noah are the best...oops..
I mean Riverview, Steve and Noel. :op
"Thank you, Riverview....which would include the pastors that teach us, Chuck who helped me sort out some stuff..."
Don't forget "Buffett baptismal wardrobe by C. Wynn of Orlando, Florida..."
MUCH more important than that silly ol' doctrinal stuff... ;-)
Glad to be a part of your dunking, Ms. Beavers. Looking forward to the time when YOU baptize somebody.
Post a Comment