Friday, April 15, 2005

Last Saturday

Saturday was a good day.

Joey brought the pups over to my sister’s and the whole family (excluding my sis—she was recovering from an infected arm in the hospital) cleaned the house. We grilled out for lunch, got rid of a lot of stuff, and actually had fun. When the ice cream dude pulled up, we all got a yummy treat. The Heikkinen’s were also out enjoying the beautiful weather. Little Cole tugged on my pant leg and pointed to the ice cream he wanted. “Uh.” That was what he said. He tugged on my pant leg again because he needed the ice cream opened. “Uh.” Such a serious, little guy.

That evening, Joey and my brother-in-law loaded up Joey’s basketball hoop into my brother-in-law’s trailer. Then we took the kids and drove up to Dewitt to see the Mazur’s. They live out in the country but not too far from the city (I like that kind of country). It was a nice drive and a warm welcome. I truly enjoy Kate and Brent and the kids….well…they are so adorable. Even when Luke tries to escape his bath and Ruth just doesn’t know what she wants, they are such cuties. I’ve really taken to Amber. She is such a special girl. She made Joey and I a card thanking us for the basketball hoop. I have it hanging next to my desk. It makes me smile. I look forward to more fun times with the Mazur's :)

No comments: