Monday, January 10, 2005

Just in case you were wondering...

I can't really blog from work. Sometimes when I get a break but last week was the pits--sooo busy. What I end up doing is blogging at home, writing out my thoughts in Word and then I come to Mr. Pita to use their wireless internet. I'm going to start using my jump drive, though but I like coming to Mr. Pita once every couple of weeks. The owner, Anthony, always smiles and waves, makes sure the wireless connection is up. Good man.

I wanted to update about the trip home from Chicago. It was awesome. We listened to Shattered which I love but I think it was just kind of okay for Beks and Ry (who was still sleeping it off). We listened to the teaching on Homosexuality after that. I was soooo nervous because Ry is such a liberal guy and the attitude is "if it feels good, do it" kind of. The teaching was ending with just the prayer left so I switched it over to Becky's IPod to listen to music. Suddenly, Ryan piped up, "I like listening to Noel. Where did he go?" "Oh, it was just the prayer at the end, Ry but we can finish it." So we did. Then Ry said, "I like Noel. He's like a really good professor."

I drove the whole way home (and only freaked out once when driving through Chicago) with Beks as my co-pilot. We had a mini church session in the car, listening to Riverview teachings and then to Becky's old time Christian songs like Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith. It was actually way cool. We also played "Stump Holly" with me trying to guess songs within the first 5 seconds. I didn't do as well as when Joey tried to stump me with 80s music. I had a lot of fun, though and I love Becky and Ry to pieces. They are truly among my bestest, closest friends.

No comments: