Monday, November 29, 2004

Turkey Day 2004

Highlights of my Thanksgiving:
  • Getting to Lansing at 2pm on Wednesday before the storm really hit--not a lot of traffic, and pretty smooth sailing.
  • Instead of taking advantage of this, I drove to Charlotte, in the worst part of the storm because Fawn and I were supposed to have dinner and I didn't want to cancel (plus she called me a chicken). Quote from Joey: Well, it isn't the smartest thing you've ever done--call me if you go in the ditch.
  • Safe and sound at my sister's house by 7pm.
  • Watching the parade with Lynds and Brad Thanksgiving morning.
  • Brad and I volunteering at the Rescue Mission and getting on the news.
  • Brad's prayer at dinner time: Please bless those less fortunate than we are.
  • Playing Barbie's with Lyndsay and Bradley (he was bored, he said yes, please--to the two people who might read this, don't make fun of him). Bradley chose to run the grocery store with my old Michael Jackson Barbie. My Barbie went shopping and asked Michael if he wanted to come to her party. Michael paused and said, "Will there be any little boys there?" I about fell over laughing. When did my nephew get tuned in to adult type stories and humor??
  • Bradley, Lynds, my mom and I playing Uno over and over again, laughing the whole time.
  • Joey coming over to visit and going through the ads with me to figure out what to buy.
  • Getting up at 5:15 the next morning to go shopping. It was actually pretty fun and I got most of the things I "needed" to get.
  • Falling asleep on the couch for two hours with one niece by my head and one nephew by my feet.

Thus concludes Thanksgiving 2004.


3 comments:

The Professor said...

Good blog...I like it when you do breakdown of activities for some reason..it is interesting :o)

Tell Brad that he is funny :o)

Noel Heikkinen said...

Michael Jackson Barbie?

Anonymous said...

On which news outlet did you appear? That's pretty cool.