It's over! Well, for me it is. I voted this morning and that makes my third presidential election I was able to vote in.
1996--voted for Clinton by absentee
2000--voted for Gore but don't really remember the where or how
2004--voted for * at the Walled Lake Fire Station--ha! Still not telling...
My roommate and I did not vote together because she still hasn't changed her address from Wixom. We did get up early to vote, listened to Stars & Stripes, Washington Post, and other patriotic songs, then I took her picture as she left the condo to vote for the first time in her life. Very exciting. Unfortunately, she had a long line to wait in. I did not. I was pulling into work by the time she was finished. Oh, and she didn't even get a sticker. Bummer. I did get a sticker and rewarded myself by purchasing a hashbrown and yogurt parfait from McDonald's. Yes, I still give myself treats.
The 1996 election was a memorable one for me. I was in my junior year at CMU and the VP of the University Democrats. I was also involved with the student radio station and volunteered to broadcast from the Democratic headquarters in Isabella County. I interviewed candidates and called in returns as they appeared on TV. It was pretty cool and I think I still have it on tape somewhere.
Tonight will be different. I'll be sitting on the couch, drinking some red wine, and watching TV with my slippers on. Let some other fired up college student stay up all night, partying, excited, having no clue what they are doing, but feeling like they made a difference somehow.
1 comment:
Someone told me "If you aren't a Democrat when you are young, then you don't have a heart. But if you don't become a Republican by the time you're older, then you don't have a brain."
***NOTE...I am just repeating a funny joke..not expressing my own opinion ;o)
Happy Voting
Post a Comment