I fall short all the time. I want to please God and do what He has spelled out for me to. I've also changed my lifestyle a bit in order to give God glory as I become known to my friends and family as a Christian. I was thinking though...the things I gave up, was it right to do so? Am I trying to be a fundamentalist Christian? I decided that though at times I have been guilty of judging others and feeling self-righteous, the things I gave up were sins that were hurting me. No, it wasn't chocolate. I didn't give up beer. I will continue to shop for shoes. The things I gave up were not sacrifices to God. I just knew He was right. It isn't good to get wasted. It isn't good to get so close to someone other than the man I'm going to marry. I should never judge someone else because I fall short. I ask God to forgive me all the time. I am not above His grace.
After God forgives me, he erases it. My sin never happened in His eyes, right? So what is judgment Day? I will stand before God and give Him an account (Romans 14:10b). Ummmm....I'm slightly confused. If I'm forgiven, what will I stand in judgment of? All the things I forgot to ask forgiveness for (like how I just ended the last two sentences in prepositions--my father would have a fit and a half)? Will He be judging my heart to see if I truly accept Jesus as my savior? Hmmmm.....
3 comments:
Hey Sweety...judgement is for sins unforgivin right? Forgiven = clan slate (no judgement) At least that is what I get from what I have read. I will check some more for you.
Thanks
I think God will have us up there and look at our lives and see Jesus's sacrifice and say. "perfect, well done my good and faithful servant."
Post a Comment