Facebook killed my blog. I rarely post anything here anymore but still have a desire to write. You'll see some random thoughts and experiences here as well as the life lessons God uses to grow me up.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Something I just read in a magazine....
"you can get married and if divorce is really necessary then you can do it. religion shouldn't be involved with this. it is your choice to get married and divorced, not god's decision."
Oh goodness. Did you have fun with that one? In a way, it's like what we have been talking about tonight at BSF -- the decisions we make in life are ours, God gives us that free will, even in marriage. But um, "religion" has a heck of a lot to do with shaping the decisions we make! Magazine articles about marriage are the worst.
4 comments:
I'm thinking: written by a divorcee, spoken like a sarcastic religionist, lived out by someone without...faith...
Mike...I must agree. It also sounds like someone who didn't invite God to be a part of the marriage either.
That's it, I will never read Cat Fancy again!
Oh goodness. Did you have fun with that one? In a way, it's like what we have been talking about tonight at BSF -- the decisions we make in life are ours, God gives us that free will, even in marriage. But um, "religion" has a heck of a lot to do with shaping the decisions we make! Magazine articles about marriage are the worst.
Post a Comment