A few weeks ago, I really needed to talk to a pastor. There was a ministry issue I needed guidance on.
I picked up the phone and called....Steve. It rang and rang and went to voicemail.
I dialed...Paul who is my advising pastor for RivRunners. It rang and rang and went to voicemail.
I wasn't about to give up. I next dialed Noel. The phone rang and rang and went to voicemail. Now I was a little frustrated so I went to Dan's phone # and...I realized it was Tuesday. Horror came over me as I realized they were all in a meeting...together. I prayed none of them had their cell phones with them but about 20 minutes later...
Steve left me a voicemail. Paul e-mailed me. Noel called me.
"Hey, Holly."
"Uh...(embarrassed)...hey, Noel."
"Normally, I don't call people back who don't leave me a message but I just had to find out what you wanted. It was pretty funny because we were sitting in the pastor's meeting and one by one, our cell phones went off. Well, except Dan's. He felt left out."
Needless to say, I won't be pulling that little stunt again.
No comments:
Post a Comment