Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Housewife--not me!

As all of the Rivites know, we've been talking about sex at church. Seriously, if you don't go to Riverview, go listen to the podcasts. It has been awesome....and eye opening...and healing...

This past weekend Noel spoke to husbands and wives about their sex lives. He quoted from two books Joey and I have read. Can't remember what those two books are right now, though!

To the Wives:
1. Husbands need to be wanted and desired (they're insecure)
2. Choose to love him in the way he needs (have the conversation on what he needs)
3. Make Sex a priority
4. If you need help get it

To the Husbands:
1. Think clearly about sex
2. Understand how women think
3. It's not about YOU
4. Love your wife like Jesus loved the Church
5. Warm her up with foreplay (this isn't laying in bed and saying "hey, baby." Foreplay starts when sex ends and continues until the sex starts again).
6. Help around the house. Clean the house. This frees her mind to want to do it and you might get some.
7. Dont take "not tonight" personal.

As Noel discussed this, Joey leaned over to me and said, "if that's true...about the husband helping out around the house...you won't have to lift a finger when we get married."

I almost laughed out loud.

I did laugh out loud when Noel told us to bow our heads in prayer and then "Let's Get It On" started playing.

I love my church!

No comments: