Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I really need to go to bed...

Sunday....at about 9:00 pm....Joey and I were on our way back to Persimmon Path, exhausted. The day at Cedar Point with the (almost) 11-year-old niece was much fun and the 8 miles we ran in the rain that day had worn us out. But uh-oh. Someone remembered there was no cream for the coffee. That just wouldn't do so we stopped at Kroger.

Joey told me to stay in the car and he would run in to get beloved French Vanilla Cream but he was taking the keys with him. I was happy to sit in the safety of the locked car and people watch. Joey soon arrived back to the Mazda and tapped on the window. Why did he do this? Because the remote is broken and it was easier for me to just hit the unlock button to let him in.

Have you ever done this before? Unlocked the car from the inside and then started said car?

HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK

Lights were flashing, the sirens were going off. Joey started the car hoping the chaos would end but it didn't. I resorted to laughing my butt off.

"What are we going to do?" I asked.

"What can we do?!?! The remote is broken! Dang, that's loud...we're going to drive away."

"You think driving away will make it stop? You can't drive down the road like this. We'll get pulled over!"

We pulled onto Willoughby and then Joey immediately pulled into the parking lot behind Kroger. He turned off the car, got out of the car, and unlocked it using the key.

Silence. Well, except for me laughing my butt off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is HILARIOUS! I'm still laughing! :)

kp

Anonymous said...

haha, oh how i've made that mistake. awesome.