Friday, August 10, 2007

Trader Joe's

If I could open any business in Lansing, do you know what it would be? Why, yes! Trader Joe’s.


Problem 1: They don’t franchise.

So, my L-town friend have been asking me…what the heck is Trader Joe’s? Oh…my friends…Lansing is missing out.

http://www.traderjoes.com/
Just what is this thing we call Trader Joe’s? Well, we’re a grocery store, sure, but really so much more. Our shelves are stocked full of delicious foods and beverages from the basics like milk, bread and butter to more exotic fare like imported cheeses, organic produce and hand-tossed pizza from Italy. We taste every product before we decide to sell it, and we guarantee you’ll like it.


You might expect indulgences like these to come with unbecoming prices. But at Trader Joe’s, we’re as much about value as we are about great food. In other words, we keep our costs low, cut out the middleman whenever possible and pass our savings on to you in the form of terrific everyday prices. So you can afford to be adventurous without breaking the bank.


We travel the world in search of interesting, unique, great-tasting foods and beverages. We buy direct from the producer whenever possible. We strip away all the fancy stuff and focus on the important things like natural ingredients and inspiring flavors. We run a pretty lean ship, too - you won’t find any corporate jets or fancy offices around here. Heck, our CEO doesn’t even have a secretary!


How is shopping at Trader Joe's different from what you may be used to in a supermarket?At Trader Joe's, you won't find a lot of branded items. Instead, you'll find unconventional and interesting products in the Trader Joe's label as well as everyday basics. We buy products we think are winners and that’ll find a following among our customers. Sometimes it's a product we intend to stock as long as it sells well; and sometimes we buy a product which is in limited supply, sell through it, and you won't find it again. It’s all part of the shopping adventure at Trader Joe's.
Not to mention the $3 Chuck and Blueberry Wheat Beer.

Okay, so I can’t open a Trader Joe’s. What else would I want to open? What would you like to open? I have heard Sonic, Coffee Beanery, Baja Fresh….

4 comments:

Lady Lilly said...

I agree entirely. I miss Trader Joe's immensely. I bring home stuff every time I go back to Farmington.

Yi said...

Now you mentioned beer, when can we go? ;)

and I still think you should just go ahead and open something in Lansing :)

The Prof said...

ok...so what do we have to do to get one?!

Anonymous said...

LOVE Trader Joe's - when we lived in MI, Kyle would make stops on the way home from his work in Detroit. Now I live within a few miles of a few different ones, so I'm there once a week.