It's not that I don't want to blog anymore. Really it isn't. I just don't have much access and when I do, that access is used for RivRunners, Myspace and Facebook. It's been an interesting summer. Crazy, silly, sad, fun. Of course, God is still growing me up and Jesus still loves me.
RivRunners has been amazing. This is a group of runners the Lord has pulled together to glorify Him and I think we've been doing a pretty good job (pats self on back). I do give to this group a lot. My free time, my imagination, my love for Jesus...it really does get put into RivRunners. I get way more in return, though which wasn't my intention. This past weekend, I decided to do an informal 5K. I imagined a stopwatch, some cones marking the route and bagels at the finish line. What I got was a calibrated wheel which marked the course officially, chalk arrows showing the runners where to go, a police pacer (Todd on a 10 speed), a water station, a starter pistol, an offical clock from Mid Michigan Track & Field and more support than I ever thought was possible. The group has blessed me. The bonds I have formed and the relationships that have strengthened...amazing. It's crazy when you really put your time and efforts into something and then you start to see the fruits....your reward becomes triple and all you ever really wanted to do was find some people to run with. Thank you, Lord.
Our friends have been great through the ordeal with my brother-in-law, too. Thank you for your prayers and support. It's meant a lot. He's at home now but his health a little shakey.
I miss Harry Pooter (Simpsons movie).
Okay, I must go now. We are late for another place to be!
Love you all....
Holly
No comments:
Post a Comment