I admit it and I can't believe I'm admitting to it. I had a major meltdown on my birthday. It wasn't pleasant for anyone within a 5 mile radius of me. It started when my co-workers started cancelling on my birthday lunch...and then the family started saying they could not attend the birthday dinner. My irrational thinking led to "no one loves me" and tears. So over the top emo. My other teammates made banana splits which cheered me and I even thought there was still hope while driving to Lansing. But as I approached the city, my attitude worsened.
Arriving to my mom's, I ignored everyone in the house and went straight to bed where I cried for the next three hours. What was my deal? 31, I guess. Krissie asked me earlier where I thought I would be right now in my life. "Married to my best friend whom I am passionately in love with even when he annoys me and we have one little kid and another on the way" was my answer. That day, turning 31, I think I broke down and couldn't see anything clearly. Are we entitled to one day of this, hiding in bed? Still, I was way out of line and could barely control myself. I apologize to all who took the hit.
Just for public knowledge, I am extra sensitive on my birthday. All I want is to have a nice lunch with a friend or friends, a nice dinner with family and to look at baby pictures with my mom. That's all I want. The two seasons of Veronica Mars, the trip to Florida, the Playmakers GC, the facial at Douglas J, the dinner at Clara's Friday night, the 1 pound of honey and the endless birthday wishes I received were good, too. I guess I always knew I was a spoiled brat.
Oh, and the wine tasting was a great time. I think if you click....here...you'll see pictures from the event.
Thanks to all of you who continue to love the bratty me.
3 comments:
loving you is hard...but I accept the challenge :p
What is passionate love and what does it look like?
As opposed to not so passionate love, that is.
Post a Comment