Sunday, February 11, 2007

Locked In


"We're really Jesus Freaks now. We're spending the night in our church." --Jenny Cole

I never belonged to a Youth Group. Well, briefly in 7th grade. Nothing like RivKids, though. And I have never attended a lock-in before, either. This was my first. I volunteered for the RivKids 4th and 5th grade lock-in. What a blast.
We played barbarian capture the flag. I think Peter and I had more fun than the kids.
We did make overs until midnight. Yes, I was curling little girl's hair until midnight.

I thought it was funny that Emma's dad had to make sure everyone knew this was his daughter. I think I'm going to look for a shirt that says "Chuck."


My niece and her new friend, Zoe.



The kids slept in the auditorium (translated = sanctuary). They watched Cars until 3 a.m. Yes, folks, I didn't sleep until 3 a.m. Wendy Smith and I shared an air matress and I don't think I kicked her much during the night. We got up at 7:30 a.m. and I was exhausted but I loved the experience. I'm in for next year.

1 comment:

Yi said...

How cool :) I would be scared sleeping in the santuar.