Remember my weekend updates? Seems like I haven’t given one in awhile. I’m about to unload one but please do not be deceived. My life isn’t full of happiness and fun. I’m just choosing to write about those parts today.
Friday night was so much fun. First, Joey made us a $10 dinner (rotisserie chicken, Meijer mashed potatoes, salad and green beans). He also made some chocolate martinis which we drank out of our new martini glasses (yum). After dancing to some 80s music in the living room with Titan and Joey, we made our way to Club 131 to secure a table. The Mega 80s were in town! Man alive…it was cold in this club. I danced to the videos playing to stay warm and ordered up a Jack & coke. What I got was a lot of ice, some Jack and some Coke but that was a safer bet for me. Levi and JT came down from the upstairs bar and then their friends Lindsey and Emily joined us. Carey, the lead singer of the Mega 80s, walked in with the rest of the band. I went over to say hi and the first thing he asked me made my jaw drop.
“Are you going to stick around for the second set?” he asked.
“What do you mean?!” I asked knowing exactly what he meant.
“You always leave after the first set. Stick it out tonight.” I promised I would. The Cole’s showed up and at first I thought they were not going to have fun. Peter claims not to like the music but he had made a pseudo promise to me back in 2005 he would go to a Mega 80s concert with me. So there we were…along with Aaron and his bro. The band started playing and almost all of us were out on the floor dancing. Truly, I had so much fun that I hurt myself dancing. And we did stick around for the second set. They did a tribute to all of the cheesy metal songs from the 80s. Amazing job. In the middle of “Pour Some Sugar On Me” I realized I was almost 31 and had to be in bed. I even received an e-mail from an anonymous fan:
“I forgot to tell you about this band I saw on Friday night. I was afraid they were going to be "square" but in fact they were pretty "def." Jenny wasn't sure about them either, but I told her to "take a chill pill" and reminded her that this band came highly recommended by our good friend. Would she let us down? "As if!" Anyways, the next time this band is in town I will let you know so we can all have a "kickin'" good time.”
Maybe that wasn’t so anonymous. Mark your calendars 80s fans: Mega 80s come back 3.23.2007—the last show until the fall of ’07.
Saturday, I ran 2 miles with Shelley and Ellen, got my oil changed and my hair cut. After a much needed nap, Joey picked me up for our dinner reservations at the State Room. Darn good food. We even got dessert but the wine was missing from the meal. We stopped to see my step-mom’s new baby (her laptop) and then went to the musical “All Shook Up.” Now, here is where I have to make apologies. I don’t enjoy musicals. My apologies are to my step-mom who purchased the tickets and to Meg, who I kept thinking about through the whole thing. Now, that being said, I didn’t hate the play. It did hold my interest and had me laughing at times. I can also appreciate the beauty in the singing. But a lot of the time while watching, I resemble that guy from Napoleon Dynamite, Don. You know…the blonde dude who is always rolling his eyes and making little noises which match his annoyance level? Yes. I admit this is me.
Sunday at church blew me away. I’m not going to recap, though. RivKids was a good time, too. Afterwards, Joey and I went to the Flap Jack for Blueberry pancakes and then off too look at houses in the snowy weather. And here, my friends, is the quote of the weekend:
Joey: Are you cold?
Me: Yes.
Joey: If you open up that far right vent some warmies will come out.
Me: Okay.
Joey: Did I just say warmies?
Thus concludes the weekend update.
2 comments:
I got an oil change for my car on Saturday as well :) Except I didn't get a rose for it... bummer.
I love your updates, and man, when you update, you really update ;)
Ahhh...the humiliation that I take from some people :o)
Post a Comment