Facebook killed my blog. I rarely post anything here anymore but still have a desire to write. You'll see some random thoughts and experiences here as well as the life lessons God uses to grow me up.
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
The Atheist
I thought more readers would wonder about Jake and if he came to Riverview or not. The answer is…not. His reply was “No, thanks. I’m not interested in Christianity.” Of course, I didn’t leave that alone. My smart ass replied that Christianity was interested in him but hey, no problem. Still, I had to fight that feeling of rejection. I thought about it all day and it burned inside of me. My thoughts would freely float to what looked like rejection. But no. God warned me against this. It took until right before I turned the light off to go to bed. It was almost like I heard God say to me, “Holl, I didn’t ask you to convert him. I asked you to ask him.” Right. Riiiiiight. I need to know that line in the sand. The rejection was toward God and God could handle it. As I tried to sleep, I searched my feelings for that testy rejected one. Nope. Not there. Not there, either. I went to sleep and felt great the next morning. See, giving up the control to God isn’t always as easy as it sounds. In fact, He will continue to work that out of me for the rest of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment