Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Thoughts by Eric Fields

John 10:7 and 9-10

Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it in full."

I’ve been studying a lot about business lately and there’s one adage that I learned to embrace. It’s that you make your profit when you buy something; not when you sell it. If you take that thought a bit deeper you understand that it’s when and how you make a decision to do something that determines success or failure.

What this verse refers to is more than salvation to me; it’s referring to life! It says that if you’ll go through the gatekeeper (seek him before you make a decision), and allow him to open the gate (wait on his timing), you’ll find pasture (abundance).

I try not to make decisions based on emotions or desires anymore. Those types of decision rarely if ever work out for me. I always try and take time ask God for direction before I make a move. I can honestly say that I’ve seen doors miraculously open, and some close in ways that I didn’t understand. But He’s never failed to give direction one way or the other whenever I’ve asked him!

No comments: