
This past weekend was fun and interesting and frustrating. Friday, we went out for Yi’s birthday to Applebee’s. It was a Germany reunion where we sat there from 7:30 to 10 talking and laughing. I love nights like that.
Saturday, Joey and I went to our Leading Kids To Christ class. Mike and Missie Potter taught it. They brought their foster baby into the room and Joey immediately latched on to the kid. It was cute. After the class, we met up with my dad at Dagwoods. He bought me a beer and then yelled at me for it:
Dad: Holly, do I have to do everything for you?
Holly: What do you mean?
D: You left your beer over here. Now, take it and don’t leave it around.
H: Geez. Sorry.
My dad talked Joey and I into going to the State-Purdue game. We missed the band, though which really bummed me out. I got shin splints running to catch up with the band. Still missed them. We tailgated with some of my dad’s buddies just outside the stadium and then tried to get in. Oops. I forgot about my purse being too big. They wouldn’t let us in. I wasn’t broken hearted or anything but Joey put the purse inside his coat and we tried another entrance. Bingo.
We stayed until half time and then went to the Hobby Lobby. Whoa. That store is cool! We kept walking around saying, “oh, look! This is so cool!” Joey said the following at one point:
J: Know what’s cool?
H: What?!
J: Me.
We went to the mall afterward and ran into my niece, sister and bro-in-law. We left the mall and headed to my mom’s house where we ate dinner. We were going to g
o to a movie but lucky for us, the Lilly’s called and invited us to bowling. So much fun!!! It was a quick game but we were laughing and messing with each other. Aaron couldn’t break the 9s. Di is the funniest bowler I’ve ever seen. I hope she allows me to post the video (please, Di?).
After bowling, we went back to Mike and Diana’s to hang out. By midnight or so, we were exhausted so it was beddy bye time.
Sunday was interesting. After church, Yi, Jennwy, Peter, Joey and I took a road trip to Turkeyville. Not exa
ctly what I expected but still was fun being with the group. I think I wanted it to be more like Frankenmuth. But…guess who was there?!?! Jesus! Jenny and Yi got their picture taken with him. He looked really sad, though. After Turkeyville, we visited my elementary school in Olivet. It brought back so many memories. They still have the same playground equipment! We decided to stop by the Country Mill in Potterville but we were all a little turkeyed out to care. 
Arriving back at Joey’s, we only had an hour and a half before the Riverview Own It meeting. The boys took off downstairs to play video games. Yi, Jenny and I went and sat in the hot tub.
And now...it's time for another weekend :o) 
1 comment:
I love our weekend :) I miss you, and I still yet to visit Dagwood, are we ever going to go?
Post a Comment