Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Tigers!


There were supposed to be a whole bunch of pictures in this post but after fighting with blogger for two days, I give up.

“So….where were YOU on Saturday, Holls?”

“Oh…just watching the Spartans loose while I tried to remember why I was still wearing green and white.”

Ha ha.

Most of you know JC and I went to the Tiggerz game which was such an experience. After making our way to Tiger stadium (no, that’s not a misprint, it’s a driving error) we headed to Comerica to find every parking spot taken. Having heard about the homeless guy who was parking cars in an ally way for $30 a shot, I secretly started looking for him in desperation. We pulled up to an equally looking homeless guy who said, “$25 to park here AND your car keys.” “No way!” I shouted and Joey floored it. I suggested we try the other side of Comerica where we found a safe parking ramp for $25. We even parked in the corner which made me feel more comfortable.

We waited in a short line after trying to get through the standing room only peoples and got inside to our seats. Section 216, Row B, seats 9-10. Nice view. We saw the fan who interfered with the play and allowed the A’s to score a run. We saw security have a nice chat with him afterward. We put in our rally gum during the 7th inning. We yelled at the woman in front of us who would not sit down because she was waving at people in the stands below her. She was blocking home plate! When Ordonez swung, we heard the entire stadium take a deep breath a the ball sailed through the air and then everyone erupted in madness as we a.) realized it was a hommer b.) realized we were actually going to the World Series and c.) we were being sprayed by beer, not champagne. We saw the fan who jumped from the wall in the outfield, sprinted toward the celebrating Tigers and was tackled by security.

After the award was given, JC and I went down to the merry-go-round to meet up with my sorority sis and former roommate, Sarah. Kind of funny we were meeting up in Detroit because it was also Central’s homecoming and we were all going to go up there until the game time changed. Sorry, Chips, but I was a Tiger on Saturday. Excellent decision.

We made our way back to the parking ramp through the crowd, though my mittened hand was becoming sore from all of the high-fives people were giving me. No one was really out of control. Power under control. We changed into our baseball uniforms in the parking ramp and headed out to Mike Babbie’s Halloween party. I got to see all of my old buddies and realized once again how much I miss them. We drove back to Lansing and had some really good talks about stuff. Excellent ending to a somewhat shiny day.

Now, if any of y’all have World Series tickets, let me know if you would like to sell them to me. JC must go to the game!

No comments: