"Gull lake, huh?"
"Yeah, Gull Lake."
"When did they move out there?"
"A couple days ago."
We went back to the car and I sighed. I just had to find her. I hadn't spoken to her in a few weeks and I needed to know she was okay. Joey and I went to his parent's furniture store around the corner. After talking with potential customers, we headed back to Lansing.
But I forgot my purse.
So we had to turn around.
And this time when we were leaving the store, I had such a strong feeling tell me to go the other way, away from Lansing, I couldn't deny it.
"Can we go to the old house? Maybe they are still moving things out."
Joey wasn't convinced. We chugged down the road toward the previous home but Joey hesitated with every driveway we passed.
"Do you know where Gull Lake is?" I asked. No. I pulled out a map and found it but wasn't so sure of myself. That was when the road sign pointing toward Gull Lake showed up. We came to the stop sign. Left or right? Left...or right?
This past week I learned some valuable lessons. One of these lessons was about fear. Sometimes fear is a good thing which prevents us tragic pain. Other times, fear is needless and is a way to stop us from doing something God wants us to do. The anticipation of doing something we fear is often more painful than actually doing what we feared. Like having a surgery. You worry and fret about the surgery, wasting all sorts of time and allowing the fear to steal your joy. Surgery takes a couple hours or something and then you are in recovery. Why waste all of the time fearing the event when it's over so soon? Sometimes, we have to do things in fear if we are ever going to get over the fear. It is about faith that God will take care of it.
"I have to find her," I said. Joey turned right. We drove way out into the country and then came to a lake. I had never been to this lake before but Joey had. We turned left and began our search. My heart wasn't really racing. I wasn't scared at all. I knew I was walking in faith. I was searching in faith and I just knew we were going to find her. After passing several houses, Joey said something that half of me was thinking: she could be anywhere. But I cast the doubt down in my heart and said this to Joey: if God wants us to find her, we'll find her. I have faith and I just can't give up.
Joey turned down another little road as we kept looking for the vehicle. We saw several mini vans, same color as hers but no...not quite. Then, we passed a house which was tucked away a bit off the main road. A mini van was there...same color...same make. We passed it with our hearts fluttering. Joey turned around to double check. Yes, this was the vehichle we were looking for. A sticker on the car gave it away. We were floored. God of the impossible had made the impossible possible once again.
We didn't march right up to the house. Instead, we went to a parking lot just up the road and pulled to pray. As I began praying, the clouds parted and the sun just burst out of the cold sky, warming us. No lie. It was such a God moment. We prayed for direction, peace and for Him to use us how He wanted to. Then, we went to the house.
Yes, it was her house. I was so happy, I almost wanted to cry. I saw her there and knew she was okay. She had lost her cell phone which was why she couldn't call. She had been e-mailing me but had been too busy to tell me about the new house. Really, none of it mattered. I was just happy to let her know I'm still here. We are still here. All of us: Joey, me and God.
Walking in faith is not the easiest. I back down quite a bit but I'm learning the lessons. In church tonight, Noel talked about faith being nonsense. It wasn't a realistic thing becuase if you try to be logical, you aren't being faithful. Faith isn't logic...it is unseen. It is a non-sense. It is trusting the Lord when everything in you tells you to go the other way.
As Joey and I drove home, he smiled. "Wow. What a God moment. You have to blog about this." So...I am. This blog will be here to remind me and perhaps I'll read it the next time I DON'T want to step out in faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment