Friday, September 22, 2006

Prelim Fall Schedule

Ah, yes. TV has once again taken over my life. It was nice spending time with you, God. Yeah, I know that is a crappy attitude to have. I'm not being serious...well, not totally serious.

So, I can't decide on my TV line up for this season. Here are the shows I watched this week but not sure how many new ones I'll commit to:

Monday Night:
I REALLY liked Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Clever and dramatic, I like seeing TV poke fun at itself.

Tuesday Night:
I don't remember what I watched.

Wednesday Night:
I watched Jericho. It was lame...and interesting at times. I'm sick of TV shows using the sames songs over and over...songs from almost a year ago. Blah. Can't wait for Lost...if I can catch up on Season 2. We've got a lot of DVD watching to do, baby!

Thursday Night:
I like Earl but I LOVE The Office. I just can't get enough of this show. I think I might try Ugly Betty next week for the 8-8:30 time slot and then switch to The Office and then switch back for Grey's and then switch back for ER. Now....about Grey's....

If you watched it, were you slightly disappointed? For one, I was disappointed to not be snuggled up with JAC watching Grey's with a cat at my feet. We always watched it together on Sunday nights. Now, I have to deal with watching it snuggled up in my down comforter. Oh well. But the episode itself seemed to be a let down and kind of jumpy. I didn't like the flash backs much because...well, it was cool to see how some relationships started but did anyone else catch the Gnarls Barkley song playing in the background? If that was supposed to be a flashback from at least a year and a half ago, why is there a song that was recently released playing in the background? Oops. And how did they "fix" the plauge situation? And why was Miranda so tired? She wasn't her fiesty self and kept acting as if she would pass out? Why?!?! I kept waiting for her to faint with....plague I guess. The whole plague thing seemed to be kind of lame...like it was a filler or something. Of course, I'm still hooked even though I don't think Grey really has to think over her decision. I guess we need a few more episodes where she struggles. I deal with this crap in real life, I don't know why I don't really want to see too much struggle over one decision in my TV programs.

ER---what can I say. Anti-climatic, too? They found Abby and Luka right away and they both didn't seem too traumatized from almost DYING. I love Abby, though. I really do. I like her struggles. They seem real and her character deals with them in a real sort of way. She made they decision to get a hysterectomy to stop the bleeding she was experiencing. It was good to see her vulnerable side when she asked Luka if just one baby would be enough. But wait a minute, she is sitting up, talking to Luka after just having a hysterectomy? And Jerry is sitting up after his heart was just massaged and his chest cavity cracked? I don't know. This might just really be the last season for ER.

Friday:
No TV

Saturday:
No TV

Sunday:
The usuals: Extreme Home Make-Over and Desperate Housewives...though, if it doesn't get better, I'm ditching that one. I'm looking forward to the premiere of Brothers and Sisters. I really dig Calista Flockhart

I'm really going to have to weed some of these out. That's just too much wasted life.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Pssst... Tuesday night was House. I also kinda dig Hostage Negotiators which is on after House.

There be the only TV I allow myself :-) Save for some football if there is time .

The Professor said...

I disagree with HMB on Jericho. I thought is was pretty good. The story line is different...but acting could improve.

Yi said...

In T-3 months, I will be watching 24 on Monday nights... Can't wait :)

VRA said...

DH will be interesting this season. I too want to see Ugly Betty, that looks like it could be kinda funny!